just so everybody knows, one should renew their Philippine passport 6months before its expiry date. since i was not doing anything relevant these past few days, i decided to be productive and renew my maroon Philippine passport.
initially, i was scheduled to go to DFA office in Aseana Business Park (the one in Macapagal Boulevard) but due to some unexpected emergency that is my laziness, i decided to set another appointment via the DFA website.
while i was checking on the website, i saw a notice regarding appointments set up via SM Megamall DFA Appointment System which allows applicants to go to DFA’s first consular satellite office in Metro Manila instead of going to the main office. i thought this was more convenient for me since the place is accessible and it is not difficult to locate.
i was quite disappointed at first because the website for the DFA-NCR East Megamall Satellite was temporarily not available so i just called the DFA hotline (737-1000) instead to set an appointment. the DFA hotline representative asked me several questions, gave me reference numbers, instructed me on how to print the application and confirmed my appointment date.
i just found out that it was their soft opening yesterday, August 29, 2012 and this will run until September 1, 2012. i am lucky to be one of the first and few applicants to set foot on this newly opened office. i am done with the whole process of renewing my maroon Philippine passport so let me share these easy steps on how to do it.
1) set an appointment via DFA-NCR East Megamall Satellite website.
2) fill up the application form depending on the type of application you are going to do. make sure to have an active and working e-mail address because you need to confirm the appointment by clicking on the link provided in the email sent to you.
3) complete the necessary documents depending on the type of your application
4) print the application form in a long bond paper. you will not be entertained and allowed to enter the office premises if you don’t have this important requirement.
5) go to DFA-NCR East Megamall Satellite located at 7th floor SM Megamall Building C (the newly built establishment where the bus bay is located). make sure to be there 30minutes before your scheduled appointment.
6) present your application form to the personnel on duty. only applicants with an application form and appointment on that day and time will be accommodated.
7) once inside the DFA-East Megamall Satellite office, go to the validation booth. here you will present your application form to the assigned personnel. he will make sure that you were able to completely fill out the form with the necessary information. after that he will redirect you to a machine to get your queue number
8) sit on the waiting section and once your queue number appears on the screen for the processing of your application, the personnel will get the necessary photocopied requirements and ask you questions about your passport. if the personnel asked for additional photocopied documents or wanted your documents to be duly notarized, you dont need to go out of the office because there is a booth inside to cater to your convenience.
9) prepare the amount of 950php for regular processing (15working days) or 1200php for express processing (7working days) and proceed to the payment booth
10) go to the encoding area for data capturing. the personnel will take your photo, thumb mark and signature. remember: no smiling.
11) optional: go to the courier area and pay the amount of 120php.
12) you are done.
DFA-NCR East is open from 10 a.m. to 8 p.m., Mondays to Saturdays. On Sundays, it will be open from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. only for releasing of passports.
DFA Consular Office
7th Floor Megamall Building C,
EDSA corner J. Vargas Avenue,
Mandaluyong City, Philippines
Contact number: 737-1000
i would not entertain queries regarding follow ups on your passport application because i am not an employee of DFA (Department of Foreign Affairs) or connected to their office in any way.
Share This Post: